Essentials of the Nirvana/Shanti Yoga kitchen
Build a delicious foundation for healthy, Ayurvedic eating
Learn kitchen basics in a fun and lighthearted program designed for fledgling cooks, or those who want to feel more confident with healthy Ayurvedic vegetarian cooking techniques. Build a solid foundation for your cooking practice by learning
- How to organize your kitchen for efficiency
- The basic equipment every kitchen should have
- What staples to keep in your pantry
- How to identify, purchase, and prepare vegetables, fruits, grains, and proteins
- Fundamental OH&S skills
- Simple cooking techniques.
This program has been designed by Shanti Gowans and Sonja Stauder. Nirvana’s Executive Chef.
To deepen your skills, combine this program with Nirvana’s Kitchen: Beyond the Basics.
This course is perfect for you if you’re interested in eating well, feeling good about what you eat and enjoying delicious flavours.
You will learn a variety of recipes including how to make your own breakfast spreads, melt in your mouth lentil curries, quick and easy vegetable combinations, an array of rice dishes, healthy snacks, sugar-free desserts and much more.
- Chopping board
• One Pot Delicious Vegan and Gluten Free Cooking
• Learn how to use a pressure cooker
• Chickpea Dhal and Humus
• Healthy, yummy winter vegetables.
Every Monday, for 4 weeks in February
3, 10, 17, 24 February, 2020 Mondays @ 2:30-4:00pm
Single session $70. Pre-pay for all four $250
Read what others have to say:
Thank you very much for teaching me, I had a lot of fun and I learnt a lot. Shanelle
A wonderful, caring facilitator providing an enjoyable, educational and tasty experience. Karen
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of humankind
than the discovery of a new star.