WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS FOUNDATIONAL COURSE?
The program and curriculum revolves around super health in the following:
- Sharira – optimum health for the body.
- Sundara – rejuvenation, anti-ageing, beauty and inspiration
- Shudha – detoxification, for purity of mind and body
- Sukha – emotional de-stress and happiness
- Santosha – contentment
- Shakti – energy and positivity
- Shanti – peace, peace, deep peace
You will have 1 week of unlimited attendance at our Shanti Yoga Gold Coast studio. Currently, there are 23 classes in a week which correspondence students can attend.
Online Lectures and tutorials, topics include:
- Self Mastery
- Yoga Health: Nutrition, Lifestyle and Ayurveda
- Yoga History, Philosophy, Ethics and Relationship
- Yoga Body: Anatomy and Physiology, Postures and Principles of Practice (asana)
- Yoga Breathing (pranayama)
- Yoga Relaxation (nidra)
- Yoga Concentration (dharana)
- Yoga Meditation (dhyana)
- Yoga Sound (mantra, kirtan, bhajan and Sanskrit)
- Yoga Leadership
Residential weekend yoga retreats ‘Living Yoga’ of psycho-spiritual development
which include shared accommodation, delicious vegetarian meals, program and yoga duties.
Experience the transition from practising yoga to living yoga. All weekends at our Nirvana Wellness Retreat include Friday evening pranayama (breathwork), early morning meditation and/or yoga and sat sung (discourse and discussion), Saturday afternoon yoga nidra (deep relaxation), an evening program such as kirtan (chanting), Shanti yoga, spiritual cinema, nature walks, the opportunity to be involved in the farm experience, twin-shared accommodation, delicious Ayurvedic, vegetarian meals and karma yoga, the art of performing actions without expectations.
During the one-week retreat you will learn about some of the following topics:
- Healthy mind, healthy body
- What is your dharma?
- Meaning, purpose and happiness
- Believe in yourself, transform your life
- Emotional wellbeing
- Ayurvedic nutrition
Note: Massages, wellness treatments, single room upgrade and special diets are available as optional extras.
Course curriculum is changed periodically to reflect the changing needs of the profession, to retain leadership in academic standards, and to fulfil the changing needs of the end user in the world.