||Advanced Diploma of Ayurveda
|CRICOS Course Code
|VET National Code
||On-campus full time, 4 days per week attendance
|Duration of course
||2 years (104 weeks) for the Advanced Diploma
(2 years in total including the Diploma of Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultation)
||1200 hours including 400 hours of supervised clinical training
||See tab for “Start Dates, Timetable & Fees” above
||Health Institute Australasia
||IELTS 5.5 for International students +
A First Aid certificate. See below for more details.
||Click here for forms, fees and policies
||IELTS score 5.5 is required for international students
Advanced Diploma of Ayurveda
The Advanced Diploma of Ayurveda is a nationally recognised vocational training course that draws from the extensive classical and authentic traditions of Ayurveda. With 1200 hours of training, this course provides a breadth and depth of learning that is second to none, and which has earned it the highest regard both nationally and internationally.
Whilst firmly anchored in the classical heritage of Ayurveda, the course is based on a synthesis of the current perspectives on health, along with an integration of contemporary well-being information and practices. This accredited Ayurvedic course has been developed in consultation with a wide range of teachers and practitioners of Ayurveda, including representatives of the health care industry and training authorities.
Deepen your spiritual and personal journey into health and healing. Incorporate all that you learn into your own life, so that you ‘walk your talk’ and serve as a role model for all that you preach and teach. This practitioner course is unique in that it is runs as a fixed course, in a set time, over three trimesters. Its foundation study is parallel with Certificate IV in Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultation (now superseded by the Diploma of Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultation), with its lifestyle counselling and preventative medicine emphasis. Our Certificate IV courses are eligible for Austudy.
The Health Institute Australia provides outstanding training for the Ayurvedic Practitioner in the following areas:
- It provides a strong foundation in the traditional principles of Ayurveda.
- It has an excellent, extensive, herbal program, with training in managing and administering herbal medicine and other treatment plans according to the philosophy and practices within an Ayurvedic framework.
- It provides a deep training in Ayurvedic psychology to provide the skills in listening and counselling required to assist patients with mental and emotional complications that arise with their health issues.
- It is integrated with Yoga therapy. Ayureda and yoga rest upon the same philosophy and arise from the same Vedic-rishi traditions.
- It has a clinical foundation. Ayurveda is a complete medical system capable of helping humanity to heal a wide array of chronic diseases that confound Western physicians.
- It embraces the skills needed to work as a practitioner in Ayurvedic Therapeutic and Remedial Treatments, including Ayurvedic herbal medicine, Ayurvedic massage and Ayurvedic nutritional advice.
- It includes actual experiential practices.