We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. – Mother Theresa
The Shanti Yoga Teachers Association
SYTA is an association of individuals within the Yoga community who have adopted and are teaching the transformational Hatha Yoga path, and building an enlightened society that works towards a common goal: yoga from heart to heart, door to door, shore to shore.
Graduates of the Health Institute Australasia’s Yoga Teacher Training courses can apply for membership with SYTA.
SYTA stands for the Shanti Yoga Teachers Association. It is the Spirit of Yoga in Transformation and Association, the body that takes the mission of Shanti Yoga, through its members and graduates, from heart to heart, door to door, shore to shore.SYTA membership provides a network of information about teachers, events, current trends in the yoga and wellness industry and continues to empower, inspire, encourage and evolve a life-changing shift in consciousness that will catalyse and continue your amazing transformation in changing lives.
If you are seeking a deeper level of participation, and to mirror your potential in the company of other already successful and spiritually evolved yogis, SYTA membership will continue your life-changing journey.
SYTA membership is open to all interested in Yoga.
Live the dream, and manifest your destiny.
- To celebrate our relationships with one another
- To strengthen our Shanti Yoga community and family
- To continue to do what we do best
- To change whatever needs to be changed
- To shape the future, honouring the past
Who can join
SYTA is open to anyone who is sincerely and effectively committed to the Shanti Yoga path, and explore how we can personally, communally and globally apply living peace as the basic guiding force in our lives, and to the world. With the world seemingly at crossroads, socially and environmentally, we can aim to arouse courage and confidence to truly establish enlightened society.
Whether you have been teaching yoga for years or are recently certified, you will find inspiration, training, support and community with us. Reinvigorate your teaching and commitment, attend master classes, add to your teaching toolbox with workshops and courses, get re-inspired at yoga retreats and ad to your continual professional development by attending our programs.
- Takes an active role to build a better future for every Shanti Yoga teacher
- Provides wide exposure
- Builds trust, loyalty and deepening relationships with current and potential teachers
- Provides members with great financial benefits for membership investment
- Increases your profile and allows you broadcast your integrity by branding your business
- Provides the option to reward your students with Shanti Yoga products and services
Students claiming benefits for yoga classes
As a result of recent changes in government legislation, health fund regulations state that all students wishing to claim benefits for yoga classes need to have a teacher who:
- Has been trained by and is a current member of a recognised Yoga Teacher Training Organisation.
- Is involved in an ongoing continuing professional development program.
- Has a current First Aid Certificate.
- For full teaching members (Level 2 Full Membership):
- 10% off all short courses and workshops
- 10% off all Pure Shanti™ Products
- 10% off all books and cd’s published by Shanti Gowans
- All members receive:
- e-newsletters periodically throughout the year
- Access to information on SYTA events Australia-wide
- Access to networking and volunteering opportunities with other professionals and organisations
- Specific yoga teachers retreat held annually at the glorious Nirvana Wellness Retreat, Beechmont Queensland. Discount applies to SYTA members.
- Associate members receive 5% off all Pure Shanti™ Products, Post Graduate Courses and Workshops.
- Membership is at four levels or categories.
- Fees are due on the 1st of September each year.