WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS FOUNDATIONAL COURSE?
The program and curriculum revolves around super health in the following:
- Sharira – optimum health for the body.
- Sundara – rejuvenation, anti-ageing, beauty and inspiration
- Shudha – detoxification, for purity of mind and body
- Sukha – emotional de-stress and happiness
- Santosha – contentment
- Shakti – energy and positivity
- Shanti – peace, peace, deep peace
Fundamental classroom training:
Class attendance. On the mat and meditation cushion, in an ideal world would equate to 10 hours a week to accrue 400 hours a year. The Shanti Yoga™ clear teaching style and Shantiji’s relaxed sense of humor will provide you with a complete yoga, breathing, relaxation and meditation practice that teaches you how to express your life’s true purpose creatively and confidently.
Face-to-face practice on the mat and meditation cushion includes:
- Nidra (deep relaxation and self healing)
- Pranayama (yoga breathing)
- Bharat Natyam (classical Indian culture and dance)
- Bollywood (contemporary Indian dance)
- Kirtan (chanting)
- Darshan (philosophy & discourse from the wisdom teachings and discussion with Q&A)
- Karma Yoga (selfless service)
20 weeks of peaceful, instructional tutorials, per academic year, provide the Shanti Yoga™ curriculum on Monday evenings, 4:45-6:45 pm. These are conducted in discrete modules, which wholistically meld into the syllabus. They accrue 80 course hours per year and can be attended by Skype.
2:00 – 5:00 pm
- Children’s Yoga (optional)
20-21 November 2021
10 am-5 pm
Weekly Sutras Tutorials: Tuesdays 2-3:30pm
- COURSE 1 – Samadhi Pada
The Goal of Yoga: The Path of Meditation, unified consciousness, cessation of thought and contemplative calm
- COURSE 2 – Sadhana Pada
The Path of Practice: Eight limbs
- COURSE 3 – Vibhuti Pada: The Results of Practice
- COURSE 4 – Kaivalya Pada: The Path of Liberation
Residential weekend retreats
Spend a peaceful and wholesome weekend with Shanti Yoga teachers and mentors. There are 4 residential retreats per year that are included in your course curriculum. They are a bonus and a gift from Shantiji and no fees are levied for twin-share accommodation. Upgrades to a single room are based on availability.
Retreats are Healthy Living Immersion Programs that offer you a holistic approach to health. This means that you focus not only on the health of the body, but also on the mind and heart and environment, helping you discover a new level of wellness and vitality. Friday 4pm to Sunday 4 pm.
RESIDENTIAL WEEKEND RETREATS 2021
19-21 February 2021: Believe in Yourself, Transform your life
21-23 May 2021: Emotional Wellbeing
23-25 July 2021: Cook Taste, Heal: Healthy Mind, Healthy Body
3-5 September 2021: Finding Meaning and Purpose
Note: Massages, wellness treatments, single room upgrade and special diets are available as optional extras.
Course curriculum is changed periodically to reflect the changing needs of the profession, to retain leadership in academic standards, and to fulfil the changing needs of the end user in the world.